Chardonnay, ‘Ellen Lane Estate’, Paul Hobbs
Ellen Lane Vineyard, a small hillside estate in Green Valley, produces the coolest expression of chardonnay in the Paul Hobbs portfolio.
• Hand-harvested, picked at night
• Whole cluster pressed while still cold from the field
• Barrel-fermented with indigenous yeasts; 5 months to completion
• Spontaneous malolactic fermentation in barrels
• Aged 15 months in French Oak barrels; 58% new
• Coopers: Cadus, Damy, Louis Latour, Francois Frères, Gauthier
• Aged sur lies with biweekly bâtonnage
• Unfined and unfiltered
Russian River Valley
Luminous pale straw in color, the wine shows defined aromas of white tea, lemongrass and daffodil. The clean, complex palate is balanced with flavors of baked apple, stone fruit and lime rind leading to a long, memorable finish.
Request a shelf talker/case card
Press & Reviews
Nectarine, honeysuckle, Mandarin oranges, spring flowers and jasmine aromas jump from the glass of the 2013 Chardonnay Ellen Lane Estate. This cold site in Green Valley produced a gorgeous wine in 2013. Drink now-2022. - Robert Parker