Pinot Noir, ‘Sommers Reserve’, Cristom
Cristom Vineyards introduced the “Sommers Reserve” with the 2004 vintage to honor founder Paul Gerrie’s paternal grandmother, Jessie Sommers Gerrie, replacing the Cristom “Reserve” designation and continuing stylistically as the same wine.
Cristom has been producing a “Reserve” designation since 1992 blended from some of the finest cool climate Pinot Noir vineyards in Oregon viticulture.
• Hand harvested and hand sorted
• 44% whole cluster
• No cold soak before primary fermentation
• Minimum effective additions of sulfur and tartaric acid
• Native yeast fermentations
• 1-3 punch downs daily in 1-7 ton open-top fermenters
• Gently pressed in a pneumatic bladder press, moved to barrel by gravity, and never racked, unless necessary
• Undergoes a full malolactic fermentation in barrel
• Fined with egg whites, unfiltered
Aged 19 months in French cooperage, 53% new oak