Bodegas Naveran

The Naveran family legacy began in 1901. Don Pablo Parellada married the daughter of the Marquis of Naveran, lord of Guernica, and bought a farm where the family would settle. After the phylloxera epedemic, Don Pablo replanted the farm with vines of the variety Montonec – now known as Parellada, in memory of his name – which, over time, came to be essential to the production of cava.

In the mid-nineteenth century, at his death, he bequeathed the property to his eldest son Pablo Parellada Naveran, who passed it on to his daughter Antonia who then married René Gillieron Swiss who in 1975, with his son Michel, decided to revive the production of their vineyards.

So, Cavas Naveran was founded in 1984 by its current CEO, Michel Gillieron Naveran Parellada. With his degree in Oenology from the Ecole d’Ingénieurs Changins (Switzerland) Michel was determined to promote a project rooted in the land of his ancestors and wanted to preserve the traditional character and family that always had their cellars.

Caves Naveran is a premium Cava producer that uses estate-grown grapes. Today the Estate has 110 hectares (272 acres) of vines in the town of Torrelavit located in the Alt (high) Penedés subregion in northeastern Spain, a few miles south of Barcelona, at an elevation of 400 meters (1,312 ft.).

Farming Practice:
Practicing Organic

View Producer Site